Indian automobile industry has been reviving post lockdown and it is clearly visible in the retail sales data here.
Month on Month Data
- As shown in the above images, Highest month on month growth has been for small players like Nissan with MOM growth of 94.6% followed by FCA at 33.2%.
- Almost all brands have shown improvement in the retail sales except for Ford which had similar performance as the previous month.
- Overall there has been 9.2% growth in the retail sales, month on month.
Year on Year Data
- Clearly the highest year on year growth was shown by Kia thanks to the stupendous success of the Seltos followed by the Sonet.
- The new design language and the marketing strategy has given Tata motors too a great boost with a retail sales growth of 64.1%
- Highest fall in retail sales YOY has been for Nissan, where the retail sales dropped by 53.6%, followed by Toyota, FIAT & Honda, who are still struggling due to lack of successful small cars or compact SUV’s. However, we need to wait & see if the “Urban Cruiser” can help Toyota.
Join the world’s largest network of auto industry professionals https://autoretailpro.com/joinus/
Here is the retail market share as per the above mentioned data.
- After VW decided to merge operations of Skoda & VW in India with a brand new entity known as Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Pvt. Ltd, their data has been merged from last year for easier comparison.
- Vehicle Registration Data has been collated as on 06.10.20 and in collaboration with Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India and has been gathered from 1,254 out of 1,461 RTOs by FADA.
- The above numbers do not have figures from AP, MP, LD & TS as all these States/UT’s are not yet on Vahan 4.